- Train with toys, playing tug will reduce stress for both of you.
- Relax your expectations, training is a process, and each day is just one step in the process. Don’t put pressure on your self or your dog to perform perfectly every day.
- Don’t train when you’ve had a bad day or are overly tired.
- Take a minute to sit and relax with your dog before beginning to train. If you’ve had a stressful day, take a moment to appreciate the opportunity to spend some time with your dog.
- Feel free to be silly, dogs love silliness and it relieves tension.
Play motivational games with your dog, race to beat them to an obstacle or toy. Keep things fun, don’t take any one practice too seriously and reward yourself for staying relaxed and enjoying your time with your dog.